1935 to 1975

Our current building, pre -1975 remodeling. This brick building was constructed in 1934-1935 and served as the Leelanau County Fall Out Shelter during the Cold War Years and as the Leelanau County Morgue, which it still does today. To the best of our knowledge, it was the first purpose built funeral home in Northern Michigan in 1935.