Our Founder

Martin Martinson originated the funeral home during the horse and buggy era. Martin's service to Suttons Bay & Leelanau County was life-long. In 1919 he established and until 1975 ran Leelanau County's only ambulance service. Martin was a charter founder, 30 year member & president of the Suttons Bay Board of Education. He was a charter founder and president of the Suttons Bay Rotary and Suttons Bay Village Council.